Upon walking into this modern mountain home you immediately realize the warmth and clean lines of this Scandinavian design and the connection with nature from the many walls of windows. Within a treed and sunny estate lot, and at a comfortable 1,718 square feet, this sports home exists as an island in a sea of Ponderosa and Fir. The Lost Library can be found in a matter of one or two minutes. There’s a treehouse and garden nearby and a trailhead to more than 20 miles of year-round wanders. All of this is assuming you’ve got a good reason for leaving the comforts of a eco-friendly, well-appointed home with forest views from every step that’s perfectly sized for appreciating friends, family and the Martis Camp lifestyle. Clean, bright, considered design at its best.
The heart of this three-bed, three-bath home is its kitchen and living room. The large, soapstone breakfast bar — dappled in morning sun — is the ideal place to start the day. Twelve hours later, twilight conversations prevail on the nearby deck and firepit or at the large country dining table with forest views front and center. Appliances include Wolf, Miele, Subzero and Frigidaire while the sound system is Sonos wireless. Cabinets are Douglas fir, floors are polished, integrated concrete with recycled ash content, and heating throughout the home is hydronic. Designed by Ryan Group Architects, this home blends pleasantly with its surroundings and is LEED-certified.
- 8416 Valhalla Drive
- 1,718 Square feet
- 3 Bedrooms
- 3 Baths
- Ryan Group Architects/Truckee Custom Homes
- Custom built-in pantry, couch, wall-hung night-stands, bunks and collapsing bunk bed/chair.
- Hydronic heating throughout the whole house.
- Reclaimed barnwood and blue-rolled steel exterior siding.
- Green Building Certification under Build It Green’s “Green Point Rated Home" and Energy Star Qualified Home.
- Rooftop Solar Photovoltaic Panels for a passive solar design.
* Information herein deemed reliable but not guaranteed and should be verified.