When you swing around the bend in the driveway and this home comes into sight, you’d swear you were about to be hugged. That’s the way this Tahoe legacy estate with its wraparound wings reaches out to you. Beyond those arms and past the front door, however, is a home whose soul is even more impressive. With its vaulted ceilings and massively intimate wood-burning fireplace, the great room is warm, inviting and on the precipice of 180º views with the seventh fairway of the Tom Fazio Golf Course below and Lookout Mountain beyond. The two wings of this 6-bed, 6 full + 3 half bath home have a “family side” and “guest side” but the flow of the house brings everyone together – whether in the great room, game room, at a corner nook in the kitchen, at one of four sitting areas or on one of three levels of outdoor patio. This grand estate was built to be lived in, to share with family and friends, and to kindle moments of solace and inspiration.
Elements of this 9,790-square-foot home include four bedrooms on the main floor, one bedroom and bunkroom upstairs, bathrooms that are distinctive and artistic, a den/office, a “just right” measure of hand-forged iron railings, and a windowed basement with two finished rooms (currently a gym and “the band” room). There’s a masterful use of lighting – both indoors and out – that’s part of the home automation system that controls audio, video and security as well. Kitchen appliance brands include KitchenAid, Miele, Dacor and Electrolux.
Separate from this home is a cottage – the family studio – that currently serves as a carpentry shop and office with acrylic floors, tall doors and generous depth that can house a large boat over the winter. This studio could be converted into a variety of rooms, including a home theater, golf simulator and more.
- 8330 Valhalla Drive
- 9,790 Square feet
- 6 Bedrooms
- 6+3 halfs Baths
- Located on the 7th Fairway with views of lookout Mountain
- Separate cottage/family studio that could be converted into a variety of rooms, including a home theater, golf simulator and more
- Large tri-level patio with firepit, water feature and outdoor dining bbq deck
- Mature landscaping with recirculating pond water feature
- Heated natural random stone in front of garages and front entry
- Ward Young Architects | Jim Huebner Construction
* Information herein deemed reliable but not guaranteed and should be verified.