With its wide pivot front door and elegant entry, this home is — on first impression — a stunner. Even more impressive is the fact that, stunning as it is, the scene only gets better from here. Like this, for example: enter, take ten steps to your right (toward the wall of window with all-day light) and gaze to your left. There, down the museum-like hallway, lies the heart of this 6,413-square-foot home, a gathering of kitchen, dining room, and great room under a towering ceiling of vibrant wood and black iron. Bookending this centerpiece are two decks, one on the east side and the other facing west. One captures a 180-degree glimpse of the Mt Rose, Carson Range and Lookout Mountain. The other, with pocket doors to the great room, is a two-tiered, intimate stretch of lawn with firepit, large barbecue area and covered, heated dining area. The kitchen features a vast work island, a wood-fired pizza oven and a breakfast nook with access to the deck. Back at the entry, there’s a staircase left leading to a separate wing with two bedrooms and a media room with coffee maker and mini refrigerator. To the right of that entry is the master bedroom with fireplace, a generous, elegant bathtub, private deck with hot tub access, and — tucked neatly above — a secluded, spacious office. The story continues with a trip downstairs where you’ll find a billiards room, a media room with its own grassy patio and hot tub, and two bunk rooms, both of which open to the lawn.
An entertainer’s dream, this 6-bed, 5-bath+2 half-baths home has speakers installed throughout. Floors feature radiant heat and are constructed from bamboo in the bedrooms and bunkroom and bluestone in the kitchen, great room and terraces. Cabinets are a teak and trim is fir. There are three fireplaces, three laundry areas and custom iron railings. The kitchen countertops are stainless steel, the large butcher block built from maple and the appliances include Wolf, Sub-Zero, Bosch, Viking and— when it’s time to fill the home with delicious aromas of Italia — a Mugniani pizza oven.
- 8315 Valhalla Drive
- 6,413 Square feet
- 6 Bedrooms
- 5+2 half Baths
- Savant home automation enables control of heat, shades, lights, TVs, music from an iPad/iPhone on site and remotely
- Electric heaters are on both the East and West porches allowing for outdoor eating/living in the Spring and Fall
- Fire pit on backyard and hot tub in front with views of the Carson Range
- Fully furnished - excluding art | Speakers are in great room, den, Master, sitting room (Guest wing), Family room (downstairs)
- Electric shades are throughout the house...Great Room, Master, Master Bath, Den, Guest Rooms, Family Room, Kids Bedrooms
- BAR Architects - Earl Wilson | Jones Corda Construction
* Information herein deemed reliable but not guaranteed and should be verified.
ALL AVAILABLE HOMES