The Martis Camp grounds will open to spectators from 6:30 a.m. until 6:30 p.m. or until one half hour after completion of play every day, July 22-27, 2013. The clubhouse and certain other areas of our property are reserved for contestants, USGA staff and officials and club staff only. We request that all spectators kindly follow posted instructions regarding access to the clubhouse or other restricted areas.
Spectators may purchase food and non-alcoholic beverages on-site during hours of availability. Bringing alcoholic beverages onto club property is strictly prohibited.
Spectators are permitted to carry mobile devices (i.e., cell phones, smartphones, PDA’s, tablets) at the U.S. Boys Junior Championship and use them for limited purposes on the championship grounds, subject to the following restrictions:
- All device volume controls must be set to “silent” or “vibrate” at all times.
- Phone calls cannot be received or placed in any area that may disrupt play.
- Photographs may ONLY be taken during practice rounds (Saturday and Sunday).
- Video and audio recording are not permitted at any time during championship week.
- Texting, email and the use of mobile applications are permissible throughout all areas of the golf course but use should NOT disrupt players.
Violation of the above policy may result in immediate expulsion and loss of spectator privileges for the remainder of the championship.
Coming to the Event:
If You’re Driving:
The Martis Camp Club is centrally located on 2,177 pristine, breathtaking acres in the historic Martis Valley, between downtown Truckee and Lake Tahoe’s North Shore.
- From Interstate 80, take Highway 267 east to Schaffer Mill Road, near the Truckee Tahoe Airport.
- Turn right and drive one and a half miles on Schaffer Mill Road.
- Proceed through the roundabout, taking the first exit out of the roundabout.
- The Martis Camp Gatehouse is a couple hundred yards ahead.
If You’re Flying Commercial:
Martis Camp is a convenient and scenic drive from the following area airports:
- RNO – Reno, Nevada: 36 miles, 40 minute drive
- SMF – Sacramento, California: 111 miles, 1 hour 50 minute drive
- SFO – San Francisco, California: 189 miles, 3 hours 15 minute drive
If You’re Flying Private:
The Truckee Tahoe Airport is located on Schaffer Mill Road, just minutes from Martis Camp. With a 7,000-foot runway for private jets and a 4,650-foot runway for prop planes, this excellent airport offers a host of amenities and aviation packages. Call them at (530) 587-4540 or (800) 359-2875.
If You Need Ground Transportation:
Lake Tahoe Limousine serves Martis Camp and the entire Lake Tahoe, Reno area. You can reach them at (530) 582-1300 or (800) 660-4546.
Golf Course Map and Championship Schedule:
Food and Amenities:
- A menu of hot and cold food items as well as a selection of snacks and beverages will be available each day for purchase by spectators.
- Portable restrooms will be available for the convenience of our spectators.
- We have a limited number of Pride Mobility Scooters that will be provided for use free of charge to disabled individuals requiring them on a first-come, first-serve basis.
List of Prohibited Items:
- Laptop Computers and/or Full Size Computers (tablets and other mobile devices are permitted)
- No Bag larger than 8”WX8”HX8”D in its natural state
- No Signs, Posters and/or Banners
- No Televisions and/or Radios
- No Food and/or Beverages
- No Containers and/or Coolers
- No Pets (other than service animals)
- No Lawn and/or Folding Armchairs
- No Bicycles
- No Ladders
- No Metal-spiked Golf Shoes
- No Weapons (regardless of permit) including but not limited to firearms or knives
Any other items deemed unlawful or dangerous by the USGA and/or Championship Personnel, in their sole discretion. All persons, their belongings, personal items and vehicles are subject to search.
For more information about Truckee and the North Lake Tahoe area, please see the links below.