To see the great lodges of our country, you normally need to travel great distances, put up with hoards of people, endure a guided tour and pay a national park entry fee. A simpler, far more personal way to capture the essence of the grand lodge is to simply go home – specifically to this home – a showcase of craftsmanship from Bruce Olson Construction. There’s an ever-present embrace of wood and window, a play of light that stretches from floor to ceiling, four granite fireplaces that are both impressive and intimate and windows and porches that offer front row seats to the 5th fairway. And views to all points of the compass abound from the home, even those from dormered windows overlooking sod and flowered roofs.
Five or six steps from the front door is a grand living room that inspires speechlessness. It soars skyward in shades of alder walls and ceilings. Down hallways left and right and up and down are 7 bedrooms, 7.5 baths and several nooks and bunks, all connected by European ash floors. Countertops are limestone slab, plumbing is restoration bronze, and the exterior is — much like Awhannee — a timeless blend of native granite and hand-hewn redwood signing.
All in all, it’s a grand lodge feel that makes for one great home.
- 8458 Valhalla Drive
- 6,421 Square feet
- 7 Bedrooms
- 7.5 Baths
- 6,421 sqft. of living + 427 sqft of lofts + 1,038 sqft of heated garages for a total of 7,886 sqft. under roof. In addtion over 3,000 sqft. of exterior living space
- Hand-hewn exterior rustic siding, extensive custom stonework and iron fixtures and a unique living earthen roof | Wide-plank rustic European Ash flooring
- Lutron lighting and whole house audio/visual system wiring with speakers
- 2-story granite fireplace and skylights
- Separate family - media room | Recreation room with kitchen
- Olson-Olson Architects and Bruce Olson Construction
* Information herein deemed reliable but not guaranteed and should be verified.
ALL AVAILABLE HOMES