Called “Possibly the best four-season private community in the U.S.” by Forbes – what exactly is this special place called Martis Camp?
MARTIS CAMP BY THE NUMBERS
- 2,177 Acres of land on which Martis Camp is located near North Lake Tahoe
- 12 Months of recreation opportunities at Martis Camp
- 275 Days of sunshine per year in Lake Tahoe, California
- 3,170 Acres of ski-able terrain at adjacent Northstar California™ Resort
- 6 Minutes to Northstar’s Lookout Mountain, via the Martis Camp Express high speed chairlift
- 26 Miles of hiking trails at Martis Camp
- 5 Star club service and recognition as a Platinum club
- 1 Acre of sun & sand at The Martis Camp Beach Shack on the shores of Lake Tahoe
THE MARTIS CAMP LIFESTYLE
Martis Camp is a luxury home and private community in the Lake Tahoe area for families who love the mountain lifestyle. With four seasons of recreation and adventure, including private ski access to Northstar California™ Resort and an acclaimed Tom Fazio golf course, Martis Camp is the ultimate year-round Tahoe retreat. Generations gather together at the Family Barn – with a bowling alley, swimming pool, theater and soda fountain – and relax at the Camp Lodge with fine dining, a fitness area and spa. Martis Camp’s 26 miles of trails wind through the pristine Tahoe wilderness, and access to Tahoe’s abundant outdoor activities including biking, boating, river rafting and horseback riding is just minutes away. Martis Camp is a place to meet, retreat, explore and delight.
NORTH LAKE TAHOE
Martis Camp is located amidst the setting of the pristine Martis Valley between downtown Truckee, CA and the shores of North Lake Tahoe. In addition to the awe-inspiring natural beauty that has made the area so renowned, North Lake Tahoe offers an array of festivals and family events while Truckee occasions the perfect mix of fine dining, distinctive shops, and modern conveniences. Martis Camp is adjacent to the Truckee Tahoe Airport for private aircraft and a 30-minute drive from Reno-Tahoe International Airport, which offers nonstop flights from more than 20 US cities.
Martis Camp is situated on 2,177 acres of sweeping topography, with elevations ranging from 5,900 to 7,100 feet. With 671 homesites in the low-density master plan, Martis Camp offers a unique blend of community and privacy. All residences are custom and follow the guidelines of the Architectural Handbook, which emphasize architectural creativity compatible with the mountain environment.
The Estate Homesites at Martis Camp are spacious – averaging over 1.5 acres in size – and many offer incredible views of majestic Sierra and Pacific Crest that surround Lake Tahoe and the Martis Valley. A select number of homesites offer direct ski-in/ski-out access. Additionally, Martis Camp offers neighborhoods of smaller Cabin Homesites on .3 – .6 acres located around the community’s amenity core areas.
Martis Camp also offers a selection of extraordinary custom homes by the area’s most accomplished builders. These new homes embrace the quality and great architectural style that resonate throughout the community. They also represent an opportunity for families looking to begin living and experiencing the lifestyle at Martis Camp right away.
Martis Camp Club Membership Unique to the Martis Camp community is the multi-generational Club membership structure. Unlike most private clubs, Martis Camp welcomes the immediate family of Club members to enjoy the facilities as family guests. Martis Camp memberships can be passed on to future heirs, generation after generation.
MARTIS CAMP AMENITIES
Skiing at Martis Camp
With exclusive, direct ski access to Northstar California™ Resort from the private members ski lodge inside the gates of Martis Camp, the community is at the forefront of mountain communities in the United States. Start the day with breakfast at Lookout Lodge before whisking to the top of Lookout Mountain on the Martis Camp Express chairlift – a high-speed quad lift located within the community.
Martis Camp’s Lookout Lodge offers an exclusive slope-side setting, indoor and outdoor dining and a full range of snow sport conveniences including a ready room and valet ski service. From breakfast to lunch to après ski and relaxing by the fire, the Lookout Lodge offers warmth, convenience and loads of winter family fun.
- Private, direct ski connection to Northstar California™ Resort via the Martis Camp Express chairlift
- 8,000 square foot ski in- ski out lodge
- Private community shuttles from Martis Camp homes offering members the ultimate convenience to the base of the mountain
- 300-500 inches of annual snowfall
- Average winter temperature of 40 degrees
- Typical Ski seasons run November through April
Golf Course & Putting Park
The Tom Fazio golf experience at Martis Camp Club blends scrupulous design with the dramatic topography of the High Sierra and the magnificent scenery of the Martis Valley. The course features emerald green fairways, strategic Ponderosa pines and sculpted bunkers, with each hole adapting effortlessly to the natural landscape. Four to five tee levels accommodate the most accomplished to the youngest of players. The pristine putting surfaces of the Putting Park designed by Dick Bailey offers members yet another distinct golf experience. 18 holes are uniquely laid out so that skilled golfers can hone their short game just as easily as those new to the game can learn the basics.
- 18-hole, par-72, 7,751-yeard signature Tom Fazio -designed golf course with practice field and short-game facility. The golf course maintenance team deploys a variety of best practices for environmental stewardship.
- 18 Hole Putting Park designed by Dick Bailey
- Rated by Golf Digest in 2009 as the 3rd Best New Private Course in the U.S. after its debut
- Host of the 2013 U.S. Junior Amateur won by Scottie Scheffler
- Host to the 2023 U.S. Senior Amateur
- Host of the 2011 and 2012 Pacific Coast Amateur
The Family Barn
The Martis Camp Family Barn offers members an 18,000-square foot gathering place unlike any other with thoughtful interior spaces crafted to bring family and friends together. In the summer, sliding barn doors open into the performance stage for the terraced outdoor amphitheater, host to Martis Camp Club’s annual Summer Concert Series which has welcomed performers including Kenny Loggins, Huey Lewis and The News, Creedence, Clearwater Revisited, Niko Moon, Leanne Rimes, Josh Kelly, Starship, KC & The Sunshine Band, Gary Newman, Lyle Lovett, Crystal Gayle, Jose Feliciano, Kellie Pickler and The Beach Boys. Family Barn amenities include:
- MC’s Original Soda Fountain
- Camp Hall rec room with indoor basketball court and floor hockey
- Two-lane bowling alley
- 44-seat movie theater for weekly movie nights and private family screenings
- Art Loft for crafts, drawing, painting and Folk School classes
- • Community games including pool tables, shuffleboard, Pac-Man and pinball
- Summer outdoor swimming venue with family pool and jetted and soaking tubs, poolside dining
The Beach Shack on Lake Tahoe
Located in Tahoe Vista just 12 miles from Martis Camp, the Martis Camp Beach Shack at Lake Tahoe offers club members private access to America’s best known lake along with family-friendly activities and programming for an effortless beach experience. Features include:
- Easy, all-in-one access to Lake Tahoe
- Large grass lawn and beach area on the shore of Lake Tahoe
- Valet Parking
- Kayaks, Paddle boards, sand toys and more
- Casual Fare and Beverages
- Chaise Lounges and Towel Service
- Shower Suites, Restrooms and Lounge area
- Available 35’ yacht for touring Lake Tahoe
The Camp Lodge
An iconic 50,000 sqft. architectural masterpiece, the Camp Lodge sits majestically on a rock promontory overlooking the 18th fairway and some of the High Sierra loveliest peaks. With a welcoming living room and fireside seating, the Camp Lodge offers a variety of dining venues, fitness center, men’s and women’s locker rooms, day spa and outdoor terraces to soak in the serene mountain environment.
- Named in the list of the Greatest Clubhouse in America by Golf Digest
- Casual dining at the bar or outdoor terrace overlooking the 18th fairway
- Three formal dining rooms, each with its own character and charm
- Weekly summer wine dinners with notable Napa Valley and Sonoma County winemakers
- Award-winning cuisine, extensive wine room, dramatic mountain views and impeccable service
- State-of-the-art exercise equipment in the Fitness Facility and yoga room
- Outdoor saline lap pool and jetted hot tubs with a front-row view of Lookout Mountain
- Men’s and ladies’ lounge and locker rooms with full amenities including relaxation lounges and dining
- Full-service spa with a specialty-crafted menu of massage, skin care and therapeutic treatments
- Distinct treatment rooms including sound therapy bed and eucalyptus steam room
- Couples’ massage room with fireside tables
The Lost Library is an idyllic cottage nestled deep in the wooded sanctuary of Martis Camp, offering a quiet spot to get reacquainted with old literary favorites, discover new authors or engage in book discussions with neighbors who happen by. Peruse the shelves of books, play a game of chess or just relax by the fire with fresh cup of coffee and a bowl of thoughtfully placed M&Ms. The Lost Library’s surrounding landscape hosts the Community Garden, a children’s play structure, a treehouse and a magical Cairn Garden for a complete escape.
The Martis Camp Folk School is designed to engage members and their guests in arts and activities centered on history, tradition, social interaction and quiet reflection. Incorporating the idea of Living to Learn, the Martis Camp Folk School offers a wide range of classes, from painting and photography to fly fishing and wood-carving, and provides a place where individuals and families can gather for hands-on learning and reflection in a welcoming, creative environment. The faculty comprises qualified, experienced instructors from all over the country.
Additional Outdoors Activities
- Park Pavilion with basketball, bocce ball, sand volleyball court, Grand Lawn for croquet and lawn bowling, summer barbeque grill, picnic lawn, fire pits and veranda
- Sporting Field for soccer, softball or any type of field game
- Four Pickleball courts and Pavilion area
- Tennis Pavilion with four tennis courts and a supporting pavilion
- 26 miles of Community Trails – perfect for summer hiking, biking or cross-country skiing in the winter
- Organic Community Garden
- Fishing Lake stocked with trophy Rainbow Trout
OUTDOOR RECREATION IN TAHOE/TRUCKEE
The largest alpine lake in North America, Lake Tahoe straddles the border between California and Nevada. The sapphire blue waters present opportunities for summer fun and recreation, including hiking, fishing, swimming, boating, jet skiing, water skiing, standup paddle boarding and parasailing. Lake Tahoe’s diverse and beautiful beaches range from secluded, hike-in spots, wide open picnic areas, sandy expanses hosting weekly concerts, and rocky shorelines with walking trails and unbeatable views of the sunset.
The Truckee River offers a spectacular glimpse of Sierra Nevada wildlife. Deer, bear, bobcat, otters and beaver ply the banks, while Bald Eagle and Osprey soar above this world renown fly-fishing river that flows from Lake Tahoe to Pyramid Lake. Spanning a distance of more than 120 miles, the river is a wonderful and beautiful place to recreate, whether it be whitewater rafting, kayaking, inner tubing, swimming, fishing, or wading.
Northstar California Resort
Northstar California™ is host to a new base area village featuring 35 unique shops and restaurants, a conference center, 9,000 square foot outdoor skating rink, on-site lodging, special events and more. The resort offers 92 ski trails spread across 3,000 acres, award-winning terrain parks and snow sports including alpine and Telemark skiing, snowboarding, cross-country skiing, snowshoeing, biathlon instruction and tubing. Summer activities include mountain biking, scenic lift rides for sightseeing and hiking, horseback riding, fly-fishing and more.
Often voted one of North America’s best ski resorts, Palisades Tahoe is known for its world-class terrain, vibrant ski culture, and Olympic heritage as host of the 1960 Winter Games. If you’re coming for deep powder and steep chutes and bowls set to the gorgeous backdrop of Lake Tahoe, our two mountains will deliver. If you’re brand new to skiing or snowboarding, you’ll appreciate our forgiving learning zones, welcoming instructors, and convenient access. With consistent snowfall that lasts late into the season and a lively spring skiing scene complete with music festivals and ample sunshine, Palisades Tahoe boasts one of the longest ski and snowboard seasons in the country.
ABOUT MARTIS CAMP: Martis Camp is a private gated community located between Truckee and North Lake Tahoe in the Martis Valley. Situated on 2,177 acres with sweeping topography, the land itself embraces the true essence of High Sierra living. A year-round community, Martis Camp Club offers private ski access via the Lookout Lodge and Martis Camp Express Lift to Northstar California™ in winter and a Tom Fazio 18-hole golf course in the summer. Martis Camp Club members enjoy a vast array of amenities including the Family Barn complex with swimming, a bowling alley, art loft, movie theater, indoor basketball court, soda fountain and outdoor performance amphitheater; an 18-hole putting park; Sporting fields and pavilions; Camp Lodge with dining venues, club day spa and fitness center and vitality pools; Folk School; Lost Library; 26 miles of private trails for hiking, snowshoeing and cross-country skiing and a private mountain clubhouse at the base of Lookout Mountain.