S’mores are the essential summer time camping treat, and who doesn’t love a good s’more? While this is not your classic fire roasted marshmallow sandwich, it does incorporate all of that toasted marshmallow flavor into a plated dessert so that you can experience the s’more nostalgia in a new and different way. Toasting the marshmallows with a blow torch is almost as fun as on a stick over an open fire! Top it off with bruleed sugar, chocolate ganache, graham cracker and your s’more game will be strong. – Pastry Chef Alison Murphy
• 16 oz Marshmallows
• 2 cups Heavy Cream
• 5 Egg Yolks
• 1 Egg
• 2 oz Granulated Sugar
• 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
1. On a lightly greased sheetpan, toast marshmallows with a blow torch until dark golden.
2. Place toasted marshmallows in a pot with the heavy cream and heat over medium heat until marshmallows have melted (do not boil)
3. Let cream cool slightly.
4. Whisk the remaining ingredients together until incorporated
5. Add toasted marshmallow cream and whisk to combine.
6. Strain and pour into ramekins.
7. Bake in a water bath until set at 300F (bake time will depend on size of ramekin) Start with 20 minutes and check every 5 minutes from there. Custard should be set but still slightly jiggly in the center.)
8. Refrigerate until ready to eat.