As Memorial Day Weekend begins, we at Martis Camp have tremendous gratitude for our community and our freedom to live life in a peaceful and beautiful environment. The events this weekend, and throughout the summer ahead, celebrate living life to the fullest in the company of family and friends. We look forward to seeing you and your loved ones over the coming days.
Our first golf competition of the season, the Member-Member Madness, tees off Saturday morning. Why call it Madness? After the cold months of winter, this event presents the first opportunity for golf members to come together for a lively day of play. We get the laughter started right away with a few games before the shotgun, followed by prize-winning challenges on the course to surprise and delight.
Of the upcoming shenanigans at this year’s Madness, Head Golf Professional Tony Neadeau hints, “Have you ever wished you could have two holes to choose from on each green?” How’s that for an incentive to get out there and have some fun?
Also happening this weekend:
- The Family Barn pools open on Saturday. Come by for a dip! Even if it’s chilly outside, the soaking tub will be warm and waiting for you.
- The Aerial Adventure Park opens on Saturday with green, blue, black and Zesty Zip courses through the trees at Lookout Lodge.
- Clay and hard courts at the Tennis Pavilion are open and our Ambassadors look forward to volleying over the net with you.
- Creekside Park, a brand new amenity, welcomes you with barbecue grills, climbing structures and a bocce ball court. Take a picnic and check it out!
- The Beach Shack at Lake Tahoe opens Saturday at 8:00 a.m. Dive in at our first Paddleboard Conditioning Clinic of the summer or kick off the weekend with a day at the beach. Be sure to call ahead and make a reservation at this members-first amenity.
Saturday night, Mariachi Mayhem begins at 5:30 p.m. at the Family Barn. Our first summer dining event promises a spicy evening of Mariachi music, margaritas and Mexican food. The popularity of this event has us keeping close tabs on a waiting list (give us a call if you can’t make it), and we do have dinner reservations available that evening at the Soda Fountain.
New this season, Social Golf Sunday hits the Practice Field at 1:00 p.m. on Sunday. Social members are invited to experience the fun and camaraderie of the game while enjoying lunch from the grill. Practice your swing, participate in a clinic and get to know our Golf Ambassadors.
Check your Club calendar for additional events happening around The Camp. Enjoy Memorial Day weekend as we remember the men and women who have given their lives in service to our country, giving us the freedoms we’re thankful for today.