Winter is here and I love making soup during this time of the year. After a cold day outside, it’s a pleasure to get home and enjoy a warm, rich and tasty cup of soup with your family. I really enjoy the unlimited options of soups and this is one of my favorites. By Lookout Lodge Chef Luis Vallin
Ingredients: Yields 12
• 4 cups shrimp broth
• 2 cups coconut milk
• 1 Tablespoon ground turmeric
• 1 yellow onion
• 1 potato
• 1 leek
• 1 grilled persimmon
• 2 red jalapeno peppers
• 4 cooked shrimp
• 2 Tablespoon salmon roe
• Lime and cilantro for garnish
- Peel and cut potatoes, leeks and onions. Placed in a pot and cook until onions are translucent.
- Add shrimp broth, turmeric and coconut milk. Let simmer until potatoes are fully cooked and blend. Season with salt, white pepper and lime juice.
- For the persimmon puree, grill the persimmon to caramelize the sugar. Also char the jalapeno peppers and make a puree with this two ingredients. We are expecting sweet and spicy flavor. Use it as a garnish.
- Place the cooked shrimp, salmon roe, cilantro and persimmon puree in a bowl and add the hot turmeric coconut soup.